Sunday 17 May 2015

Portfolio

I created my final portfolio using the skills that I had learnt from college, and set the pages out as if I was to mount the boards. I felt that this worked professionally and was easy to view with the pages. I created this portfolio on Illustrator with the ease of ensuring that the imagery was positioned correctly and being able to view each page on an art-board next to each other in the work space. I really enjoyed making my portfolio, it built my confidence up as I was looking through the work that I created over this past year at university. I had a mixture of both character designs and storyboards which I felt worked successfully for my own personal practice so far, I hope that through my action plan over summer I will be able to be sure about which practice I want to continue with or if it is just a matter of wanting to both. However I felt that the portfolio I had created accurately showed my skills in both aspects of the practices.

My Issuu and Behance portfolio only differed in the layout of the imagery. In the Issuu portfolio I wanted to show how my portfolio would look like if created using mount boards, and with Behance, how it would look when uploaded online. With Behance however I did leave out a few of the 'A History of Cake' storyboards purely because of how much imagery was on the page and it would have taken even longer to scroll down the page. With the Issuu submission of my portfolio, these extra images worked well aesthetically on the page which is why I included them in this version. I knew that the requirement for the portfolio was for 10 images however it is difficult to show a narrative using only one storyboard from a series of storyboards which is why I included at least 3 of the boards so that the viewer could see how the sequential imagery would flow through the pages. I also wanted to show more of my character turn around with the poses as to show the style and exaggerations that I could achieve with character designs.




On Behance



Behance

No comments:

Post a Comment