Sunday 17 May 2015

Interim Presentation and Feedback

For the presentation I wanted to show the work that I had drawn in my own time as to show the development and process that I was trying to take my drawing style with. I drew a mixture of Japanese and Western styles as to inform my ideas further with exaggerating the proportions and style of line. I really enjoy drawing fan art of different cartoons and manga in my own style however I felt that I was sticking to the same style abit too much so I challenged myself with drawing more simple characters with the shapes. I enjoyed drawing Jamie Hewlett's style of drawing with the proportions and style of line, I adapted the angular style to a more curved lines which I felt worked successfully and I wanted to carry this form of illustration further.








After presenting my work that I had been doing in my own time, I gained quite a lot of valuable feedback in being able to improve my work. I was trying to develop my style further by mixing more styles together however recently I've just been stuck in this same style that appears more Japanese in line and structure rather than western with the cartoony style that I wanted to try and draw more of to develop my work. I think the idea of going to more life drawing sessions would be a good idea as I never got chance this year, I think this will help me with both style and proportions on my work. Another suggestion was to continue drawing fan art of cartoon animations to help with consideration of lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment