Monday 18 May 2015

Final Showreel

I found creating my showreel quite difficult, the most hardest parts being narrowing down the clips I had chosen to transition well and work with the overall aesthetic as well as consideration for the music track. It took me hours to find a soundtrack that I thought would work well with the showreel and work with my personality. In the end I really like the final outcome, I felt that the clips worked well together and that there was enough variety of animation for the viewer to see the skills that I had learnt over my time on the course so far. I am quite proud of the beginning and ending animation sequences in which I used the Sandman Titles animation for it. I can safely say that the Sandman Titles animation is by far my best animation work, I really like the style I went for with the silhouettes and the watercoloured splashed backgrounds that moved within them. Beginning and ending with the animation that I love the most with what I have created so far, made me more confident about my showreel. The soundtrack works well through the use of the tempo being in time with the animation, especially at the beginning and ending of the showreel, it eases and eases out successfully with the animation.

I aim to create more work over the summer so that I can create a showreel that can be compared with the sketchy design and the final composition. I felt that this would work well for myself wanting to be a storyboard artist as I could look into matching my animatics to the final animation, showing the translation of the camera direction and narrative of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment