Tuesday 19 May 2015

Business Cards Development

Whilst designing a simple business card, I looked into layout with both the text and imagery. I knew that I wanted a full image for the front of the card to entice people to look at the card, with the back containing the contact details. Initially I had my name on the front of the card so that it worked with the image, along with the role of practice that I wanted to be known for. I felt that this worked well with already defining my practice, as well as telling people the work that I wanted to do. I experimented with the placement of text around a few expressions that I had made from the Responsive modules, I felt that it was more successful on the top of the business card rather than on the side.

Peer feedback -  really liked the back of the card that had three of the character faces on top, it worked well with my practice. Showed a different style to the considerations of the front designs of the cards.

When adding the text to the front of the card, I felt that it wasn't as successful. I really preferred the use of all the text being on the back of the business card allowing the front of the card to be the attraction to the viewer to pick one of the cards up. If I was to create a business card that would fold out to show examples of storyboards, I wouldn't make the image incorporate the text, with my name and role, within the image, becoming a part of the design. I would also have used the back of the card that had the use of the three expressions on the top of the structure as I felt it was a nice touch with the text.

I didn't go with this back design purely because when I matched it up with the front of the card, it looked cluttered and the red colour scheme didn't merge well to the other design. I didn't want to change the colour of the red text as I had used the same colour of the characters hair, and felt that this link worked well.















No comments:

Post a Comment