Monday 16 May 2016

Social Media - Tumblr, Twitter, Behance and LinkedIn

In order for my practice to grow I have to ensure that all of my social media is kept up to date which working in progress shots, projects I have completed, drawings that I have done that day etc, as well as ensuring that I keep up to date with the current animation events and changes in the industry. If I do go to straight to being a freelancer, I need to ensure that I keep all of these sites are getting daily updates to keep followers and potential job opportunities aware of the work that I am doing.

+ LinkedIn - I am recently new to this site, having had it for about a week, but I am so disappointed with myself that I didn't get one sooner. This site is fantastic with job alerts and connecting with animation studios, groups that relate to your practice, and potentially showing off your professional skills to the industry. I am really enjoying this site so far and hope to promote my work through this site. I still need to add a few skills and experiences to my profile, as well as post up working in progress screenshots and completed works. 

+ Twitter - I have had this account for 3 years now and I have a few solid weeks were I remember to update every other day, but then I get distracted with coursework and forget to tweet or retweet work on my page. I also want to continue uploading work to the character design competition on twitter as it is updated weekly with different challenges and would be good to keep me drawing and having current work to upload. I have to get into the routine of updating this page as it is an amazing site that can promote my work worldwide and I need to take advantage of this to aid my practice. 

+ Behance - This site isn't like the other social media sites, it is a collective of projects and portfolios, a professional site to upload your work and share with potential employers/ festivals. Its a great site to show at studio visits as I upload all the completed projects and portfolios that I have made so far. You can share the work for other people on the site to look at, to like and follow your work, but being honest I haven't had the time to build this up, which is why my work hasn't had that many views. A good way to build up these views is to create illustrations with popular themes or current trends to build up a following. I can merge this with my Twitter account, with working in progress shots and character design competitions. 

+ Tumblr - I have being using Tumblr as my personal website, purely how simple the site is to share and upload work. I have being using it to show completed and working in progress work, which is great for showing at studio visits. I have debated about creating a wordpress site to upload my portfolio work, but I think this is something that I will look at in the near future as at the moment I really like my tumblr page, as it is simple. 


LinkedIn
Twitter
Behance
Tumblr


No comments:

Post a Comment