Wednesday 18 May 2016

Industry - Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog is a games designer company who have created popular titles such as Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter ,and The Last of Us. I absolutely adored the Jak and Daxter series, it is still one of my most favourite game series and has inspired me with both narrative and character design. I was intrigued with the requirements for the jobs at the company. From the few jobs that were available, the role of a Character Artist caught my eye. The requirements for this role were more inclined towards 3D packages which wouldn't be appropriate for my practice, however I wanted to take note of what skills I already know could be refined or developed further. I would like to try and learn the basics of Mudbox as I believe this would be a good skill set especially within the character design field; being able to turn your 2D designs into 3D is a good asset. Quite a few jobs that I have researched into, character design and background design based, have required some knowledge with sculpting in 3D packages.

I want to still submit my CV to Naughty Dog, even if it is just a speculative application, there could always be an opening in the near future which would be better suited for my practice. 







Sources:
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/careers/character_artist/
http://www.naughtydog.com/work/

No comments:

Post a Comment