Sunday 15 May 2016

One to One Career Coach

I arranged a one to one career coaching session for advice with internships, jobs and MA courses. I really looking forward to this session as I knew that this would make me feel more at ease with deciding a strong and clear path to go with as soon as the course ends. However the session was completely different to what I expected it to be like.

I didn't enjoy the session at all, none of my questions were answered. She gave me a few websites to look at but over all I was very disappointed. There was no discussion about my practice, in fact I had to describe my course to her, and how my practice fits into my course. She told me that I was taking the easy road with my practice and that I was just trying to make a conversation. This was very upsetting and frustrating as it was clear that she didn't understand what I was taking about and didn't even bother to research into what I emailed her with, about what I wanted to talk about in the session. Her advice was to be a freelancer, have an internship, take a full time MA and have a job at the same time. Even I know, with being overly ambitious that this is impossible to balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment