Thursday 19 May 2016

Portfolio

After creating a portfolio last year I knew immediately what I wanted to improve on with the layout. For example in my 2015 portfolio, I had included a few storyboards from A History of Cake animation which looked nice but clashed with the black background pages. I felt that this element could be improved by deleting the white background of the storyboards and making the text white so that it stood out of the page, making it more legible for the viewer to read. I believe that this will look more professional and work with the rest of the content. I felt that this approach would also be needed on the following character design pages as the block white colour pages just clashed too much with the black background. I also felt that there needed to be more content in the art book, not pages but different pieces of work that I had done



I wanted my new portfolio to be jam packed with my COP3 storyboards, Character designs from Becky's Extended animation - Rumpelstiltskin, backgrounds and screenshots from my Extended animation. I wanted to adapt the t-shirt designs I made for qwertee as they were in a different illustrative style in comparison to the rest of the work that I want to include in my portfolio. I mainly just added a circular sky background behind the Kiki design and edited the halftone shading on the Dandy design. I purposely didn't add the character turnarounds and expression sheets from my pilot animation as I didn't want my portfolio to have too much of the same project. I wanted a range of styles from different projects to be shown.

Using my 2015 critique on the layout, I edited my latest portfolio, giving the white background designs a transparent background. This worked wonderfully, it had a lovely aesthetic and the text, even though white out was still legible for the viewer. I also edited the cover of the portfolio to match with the art book, dvd booklet and business cards, so that their was a nice link across all of my work.

Lastly I added my social media links to the back page. I included a link that I haven't talked about yet, Dribbble. Dribble is a site that slightly appears like Behance however the structure is completely different as you are able to search for pieces of work within a certain pantone colour, search for companies and hire them if needed. However I am still very confused about the site, I'm not 100% sure on how to submit work onto the site. Even though I am having this difficultly I still wanted to include this link for the future.

Overall I am very proud of my portfolio I am confident with all of the work that I have included and I personally believe that the layout of the portfolio has a professional aesthetic. I cannot wait to show my portfolio and showreel to potential job opportunities and at studio visits.





Example of storyboard page

Example of design page

No comments:

Post a Comment