Thursday 8 May 2014

Reflect presentation initial designs


This brief sets the task to talk about your experiences, your weaknesses, what you feel was successful and unsuccessful and ultimately how far you have come from first starting the course.
I came from an illustration background and was in love with Studio Ghibli and had yet to find out about about Winsor McCay, Ryan Larkin and other animators/animations which had created such beautiful and pioneering work, influencing animations today. Animation is not just a set medium as such, it is versatile, it is seen in games, feature films, commercials, title sequences and even motion comics.

For the talking content, I thought about having two main examples of work, for example the first animation I had ever made at the beginning of the course and comparing it to the latest one I had made, with screen shots of other animations and work that I have done. The other idea being a demo reel at the end of the presentation, with screen shots of the work I would be talking about and then seeing the finalised animations at the end.

For the slides with in this presentation, I wanted something that would make it interesting. I thought about incorporating the use of slight animation seen in Rebecca Mock's illustrations that she did for the New York Times, each slide having a different illustration or slight movement with in the illustration.

I then add the idea of having two characters looking at the screen which would have speech bubbles, one with the general question that I would be answering in my talk, for example what are my strengths and weaknesses, and have the other character with a speech bubble with a summarised answer.











No comments:

Post a Comment