Thursday 15 May 2014

Animated self ideas

To help myself generate ideas I began to list down what the requirements would be and what theme I could take with it. This helped me to think of ideas that could fit with these themes, such as character designing - I could have a turn around of the character, etc.


I thought about mixing two animation processes together, in this case traditional to digital, pixels to pencil, which I thought would work well with trying to develop my animation skills. I thought about a narrative which involves a character waking up, opening the curtains and behind the curtains is a world full of animated characters/references to animations that have inspired me during the 1st year. I liked this idea however I did not think that it would work well with the animation references at the end of the narrative as there are certain expectations of how the character should move, look like and their expected characteristics.
I decided to leave this idea and think about what I need to improve on or what I want to develop/work on in the future, for example to animate better or focus on character designing.






Notes
  • Reanimate a previous animation, animate jack and kill storyboard, character designs of the character deigns have them morph into one another, key poses going back and forth, don't think about a high expectation audience, simple turn around or spin around, different characters, think about narrative?
  • I like the idea of game cut scenes and character design.
  • something that would show how I want to improve on my animating skills?

I made another page of notes in my sketchbook which were aimed at improving my animation skills. I quite liked the idea of re-animating a previous animation to show how much I have developed since and to show a sense of understanding with animation. I thought about which animation I wanted to improve the most and immediately thought about the elements animation that has room to continue and change scenes of the narrative. For example, the plot could revolve around the character making a snowman.


I thought about possibly changing the story but keeping the character so that it related to the elements animation. For example it could be set in a different season, such as summer and the narrative could relate with summer activities, flying a kite and eating ice cream. I wanted the scenes in the plot to relate to different animation disciplines or just a selected few to relate with wanting to improve my animation skills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment