Wednesday 21 May 2014

Comic designs

I begun collaborating with Roxanne Shanks to create a comic that was based in a post apocalyptic world that is bathed in snow and the world is plagued with robots that enslave what is left of the human race. The plot follows the few resistant humans that have developed new forms of technology that can defend against the robots.

I felt that this plot would be a good challenge for me as I would have to draw landscapes that are desolate with decaying buildings which would be different to what I normally draw, alongside with the form keeping my style consistent. I have the reoccurring problem of keeping a consistent style, I draw one character and draw the character again but the hair or eyes would be different, which is good when developing the character but not when drawing storyboards or animations as the viewer would be confused. I feel that this comic can help me develop my drawing skills as I would have to be able to draw the character consistently with the nature of the project.

So far the comic is in its initial stages in which I am developing with styles and sticking to the requirements needed for the comic and Roxy's design of the characters. Having this restricting style of what the character and landscapes should roughly look like is challenging but also helpful in trying to keep to a brief that can help me prepare for future deadlines.

Roxys design

My concept on the characters

Initial designs for the robots

No comments:

Post a Comment