Wednesday 14 May 2014

reflect further ideas

To generate more ideas I started to write down questions that I needed to answer in my presentation, such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and what did you enjoy the most this year? Writing these types of questions down  made me think about how I could relate the answer to the imagery. For example, the question weaknesses could be drawing the anatomy of a character and the imagery could relate to how I overcome this which is practising and drawing.

As the powerpoint is a reflection over what I have achieved and looking at the past year, I wanted to include screenshots or mini gifs of the animations that I have created, such as the very first animation that I made on the course which could be shown through the presentation like a cinema screening as the curtains draw back. I could then compare the first animation I made to the latest one that I had made on the course, this comparison showing how much I have improved/changed with my animation style.

I need to remember that the presentation is only 5-10 minutes and at least 5 minutes needs to be given to peers to ask questions. To get the timing of the presentation correct, I thought about planning the questions out through powerpoint at first to understand how long each question will take me to answer.



Sketching more helped me to plan what the slides could look like, I redrew the speech bubble idea and felt that it could possibly appear over crowded with both the characters and the speech. I then decided on only having one character and having the character moving slightly, like talking with their arms and moving head slightly as the screenshots or imagery change behind this character. I liked this idea however I didn't know where the text would be placed with in this design, I didn't want too much text as I knew this would crowd the slide too much. I was then inspired by the gameplay of the Professor Layton games, where the text is placed in a rectangular shape at the bottom of the screen with the character slightly moving as the text is shown. I really liked this idea and thought that this would work well with the presentation layout.



Noting down notes that could be useful for idea generation

Noting rough answers for questions that I could answer during the powerpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment