Sunday 10 November 2013

Who am I? Why am I here? What do I want to learn?



For the first study task set for PPP, it asked for me to think about why I decided to take this course and answer some questions, which I felt helped me to understand myself better through the goals I've set.


Why did you chose to study on this animation course?

I chose to study on this course as I wanted to :
  • Improve my illustrative style
  • Increase the speed in which I draw
  • Bring my stories and characters to life
  • Create a stop motion animation with my own model characters
  • Be a successful animator/illustrator
What do you want to learn during your time on the programme?
  • To learn the main processes and techniques used with in animation
  • To learn to create my characters in model form and bring them to life
  • Create an outstanding quality of work via animation or storyboard animatic
  • Learn to use mixed media with in my work
  • Absorb a better understanding of the human anatomy and use this knowledge in my own work

What skills do you think are your strengths?
  • My perfectionism, it constantly feels like a double edged sword but it pushes my limit into making a piece of work from ok, to good quality
  • My ability to learn something new and incorporate my own knowledge into making something good
  • To be able to adapt my work to fit the brief set
  • To work with other people, merging everyones ideas to create something amazing
  • To think outside the box and twist my work into different themes alongside the one set
What things do you want to improve?
  • My illustrative skills - mainly anatomy and finding my illustrative style, at the moment I'm slightly stuck in a simple style which I want to move from and make more detailed in expression and anatomy.
  • My animation skills 
  • My idea set - although I feel that I can think outside the box, I also feel I need to learn more about the animation world and contextual backgrounds to influence my ideas. 
  • My working ethos - Although I constantly work and finish tasks set before the deadline, I always end up finding work that needs to be done right before the deadline. I know how to improve on this through... it's just actually doing it, (create more to do lists, actually write in my diary, print off briefs etc.)
  • I want to improve on the way I create my illustrations through adding more context and mixed media to my work. I started to create work like this in the last few months of college and really want to improve on this.

What ways will you evaluate your progress?
  • Evaluate through the form of feedback
  • Critically looking at my own work, and writing bullet points on what I know I need to make better and improve
  • Through an end of module evaluation
  • Writing initial ideas and comparing with the near finished product
  • Comparing my work to that I have done before, Have I improved and made my work to a good quality?


No comments:

Post a Comment