Tuesday 12 November 2013

Vania Zouravliov

Zouravliov is another artist who inspired me with my own illustrations through his attention to detail and composition of his art. I've always admired how Zouraliov can communicate through his illustrations so well, portraying the emotion and atmosphere of the piece through expression and body language alone.
The use of contoured lines and whiteout matched with intricate shading brings the pieces to life and gives them a fantasy like characteristic through how the composition is structured. For example, clothing and the scenery depicted.

Dracula

Tiger of Sweden

Armour

Baba Jaga

My favourite piece of Zouravliov's work is "Armour", this composition has influenced me so much, through the expression of the 'knight' as he stands before the skeleton of another knight which is tangled and engulfed by thorns and branches as if being slowly eaten by nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment