Wednesday 18 November 2015

PPP3 Life Drawing

I decided to use this life drawing session as a means to get marks down, I realised that when I draw with pencil, I focus too much on perfecting the proportions and alot of rubbing out and starting again. I wanted to be able to focus on the main curves and lines of the poses as to learn from them. I felt that I was quite good at proportions, it was more the perspective and curves that I would struggle with. To stop myself continuing to draw with pencil, I used charcoal and ink with a dip pen and brush. It was daunting at first, knowing that I wouldn't be able to rub out any lines however as I continued to draw quickly, I was able to learn from my mistakes or correct them with the medium I was using.

I really enjoyed using different media and want to use watercolours next session, using Egon Schiele's use of the medium and geometric proportions.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment