Monday 5 January 2015

PPP2 Identifying your practice - SWOT

SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
Identifying these four key points will help me to understand what I can work on and improve to aim for an industry practice position.

With the SWOT key points I made a small mind map, in which I was able to see that I wanted to focus on areas of character animation, design and storyboarding. Knowing these key points, throughout these modules I will try to focus on these key points as to gain a higher skill set in these areas.

I also noted that I needed to work on my networking skills, to gain confidence to contact studios and animators for studio visits or work experience. In order to gain confidence I have become a student ambassador. Becoming a student ambassador forces me to talk to others, helping me with my confidence in talking to other people. Talking about the course and the practice that I want to do with other students who I have met when showing them the degree tour has helped me with my confidence through seeing how they have already started to network and how they gain commissions and reputation, a highly popular one being youtube work and esty. The key is to constantly promote your work on social media, such as twitter and facebook, to gain a following who are interested in your work. I aim to use twitter and other social media more to promote my work, however I need to look into creating a showreel and wordpress in which I can show off the work I have done so far.

S.W.O.T mind map

No comments:

Post a Comment