Thursday 24 April 2014

Rebecca Mock

I was considering what to do for my animation part for the reflect presentation so I began to look for work to inspire me, and I stumbled across Rebecca Mock animations for the New York Times.
I admired the painted style that Mock has used as it elegantly uses shadows and lighting to the images advantage giving it a realistic approach that feels comforting and homely.
I quite liked how so many small parts of animation that were subtle put gave depth to the illustrations which I felt that I could incorporate into my illustrations for the reflect presentation.
For example I could draw a character working at a computer and have the character continuously drawing whilst the light from the screen changes on their face , the mobile phone ringing, have the character nearly falling asleep, etc.

Rebecca Mock is a freelance Illustrator and comic book artist, where her work has been shown in the New York Times and on Adventure Time comic covers. She is currently working on a graphic novel titled Four Points written by Hope Larson.






No comments:

Post a Comment