Saturday 30 January 2016

Leeds International Film Festival - The Empire of Corpses

The Empire of Corpses, a prominent 2D animation with a merge of CGI approaches to machinery and background characters. This animation was by far my absolute favourite of the all the animation I watched at LIFF, with Ghost in the Shell at a close second. I loved this animation for how beautiful it was, the Victorian theme with a mixture of excelling technology worked well for both the aesthetic and the plotline. The plot line was gripping and I genuinely didn't know what would happen next. I loved the mystery side to it and the relationship between characters which aided the plot significantly. The ending scene was by far my most favourite scene, the visuals were stunning with tension, drama and emotions being attacked and engulfed.

I was heavily inspired by the plot and visuals of this animation. It really inspired me for my Extended project. I wanted my audience to be younger than The Empire of Corpses however the visual storytelling was gorgeous and I really want to absorb these techniques that this animation has used.


No comments:

Post a Comment