Saturday 7 March 2015

Majikkon Convention Huddersfield: Considering a table

Majikkon Convention was an event much like Thought Bubble in Leeds, however it focused on the Anime merchandise and artists who draw in that particular illustrative style. It was interesting through the amount of artists that were there and how friendly they were with talking about hobbies and interests that they were passionate about. It reminded me Thought Bubble in that respect with how easy it was to network with the artists in which ranged from different styles. As the event was quite small there wasn't as many events to see compared to Thought Bubble however I believe having a stall at the event would be good experience with networking and promoting myself and work that I have created.

I researched more into the price of a stall table, which was £20 for a table, or £30 if there are two artists sharing a table. Considering the price for the table, it didn't seem too much for a first try at having a stall at a convention however I would need to plan the traveling cost, printing costs and other costs in which I would be selling at the stall. Another consideration would be the price in which I would sell prints, badges and possibly my own comic. I found that the majority of the artist stalls sold badges at £1 to £1.50, A6 prints at £1.50 to £2, A5 prints at £2 to £3. They did sell A4 and A3 prints but the majority of the sales were for badges and A6/A5 prints in which I would be more likely to make and sell if I were to get a stall at Majikkon. If I were to sell my comic at the convention, I think having a sample of the comic and at a low price would attract more people to buy the comic, not only would this be less costly but it would help to promote myself and my work to others. A necessity for this table would be to produce business cards in which people would be able to take with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment