Thursday 31 October 2013

Chris Riddell


Chris Riddell was one of the first artists that inspired me to draw, to bring my experiences, ideas and thoughts to life through illustration. (I first found his work in the books "Edge Chronicles" written by Paul Steward) Riddell's illustrations were so detailed and captured the emotions of the characters displayed that I wanted to create something even better, and that was the start of my artist path.
Not only did Riddell illustrate for Edge Chronicles but other books too, such as Coraline and The Graveyard Book. 
Edge Chronicles
Coraline
 I love his illustrations mainly through his use of line and how he portrays the character, the expression he draws seems to just tell the emotion perfectly without the aid of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment